Dear Goldfish Swim, thank you!
One of the proudest moments that I can remember growing up as a kid was when I learned how to swim at summer camp. I was so excited and I can re-live that thrill over and over again in my head…it was the same feeling I got when I learned how to ride my bicycle without training wheels. With 10 people drowning daily and 2 of these unintentional drownings being kids under the age of 14 (cdc.gov), it is mandatory for my girls to get formal swimming lessons before the summer hits as we plan to enjoy many swim/water activities this summer. As I explained it to my girls, it’s time to go from the bathtub to the swimming pool (lol).
Our journey from bathtub “swimming” to pool swimming has started at Goldfish Swim School of Mt. Laurel. Since 2006, Goldfish Swim School has been committed to providing “extraordinary swim lessons in a child friendly environment” (goldfishswimschool.com) for children as young as 4 months of age to 12 years old. Today, this franchise serves “more than 50,000 students per week to swim and be safer in and around the water” (goldfishswimschool.com) and my family is so blessed to have a location within a few miles of my home.
Our journey officially started last Friday and I’ve decided to tell you 5 reasons why we’ll be returning to our local Goldfish Swim School.
1. Convenience – as a mom of 3 young girls, convenience is always at the very top of my list. Having a location within a few miles of my home with so many swim programs and hours to choose from, I was in convenience heaven. I was able to pick my girls up from school, bring them home to eat dinner and make it to their facility on time for our 6PM class.
2. Facility – bright, clean and EXCITING! I don’t know who was more excited…me or the girls. State-of-the-art is an understatement! Bright, bold blues, oranges and yellow tropical décor immediately gets you into the swim mood. The facility features an indoor 90° heated pool enclosed in a glass wall for viewing. Parents and siblings were able to watch their little loved ones from chairs that sat behind the glass. Upon arriving, you were able to get changed in the bright family dressing area with private changing rooms. There’s also a mini snack bar and pro shop.
3. 90° Heated pool – yup, this warrants its own bullet. This is not our first hoorah with swimming lessons. We’ve taken swim lessons in that (no name dropping) old, runned-down building where the pool felt like your freezer – you know what I’m talking about. Your kids were so damn cold that you could barely wipe them off as they shivered their little hearts away. Well, that’s not the case at Goldfish Swim School. It was warm, comfortable and my girls never shivered – which they hate. Even as we left the facility to return to NJ’s cold February weather outside, my girls were saying “mommy, can we go back? It’s cold out here and warm in there” as we rushed to pile up in our family van and turn on the heat. Goldfish gets it…kudos to them for making my life easier!
4. Friendly, well-equipped staff – from being greeted with a smile at the registration desk to dropping your child(ren) at their respective pool lane, everyone was so friendly and patient. I asked questions and they were answered. While my girls were taking their lesson, I witness the instructors teaching the kids, watching out for their safety, juggling different age groups and skills, etc. ALL with a smile on their faces. Never once did I sense, the staff or instructors did not love what they do. That comfort was even brighter that the facility itself.
5. I saved the most important for last – our entire experience was FUN and SAFE. Learning how to swim can be very frustrating and scary for little kids, especially for 3 year olds and I have a double dosage of them (#twinlife). As a parent, I need for all of my girls to understand the seriousness of swim safety in a fun, kid-friendly approach. I don’t want them to hate swimming nor dread lessons, but I do want them to learn how to swim in a fun environment, while being safe. I said it above and I will say it again, Goldfish Swim School gets it and I thank them for that.
I encourage parents to find a location near you and to give them a call! Take a tour to experience the difference that Goldfish Swim School brings. If you are in the South Jersey area, visit Goldfish Swim School in Mt. Laurel, NJ to experience the excitement I felt last Friday and learn why Goldfish Swim School should be your swim school of choice for swim lessons and family swim in the South Jersey area.
With love + caffeine,
In full disclosure, I was provided free swimming lessons by Goldfish Swim School of Mt. Laurel in exchange for my honest review. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own. To learn more about advertising options to have your business featured, please send me an email or submit contact form.