While We (im)Patiently Wait…
Update 3/8/2017 – Official Easter Egg Roll Announcement
Parents are still speculating on the ticket distribution method that will be used for the 2017 Easter Egg Roll. At this point, we know 3 things – (1) The 139th Easter Egg Roll will take place on Monday April 17th on the South Lawn, (2) Recreation.gov launched a recruitment campaign which is now closed, and (3) Wells Wood Turning was moving the eggs thru the paint shop on March 2nd. However, it’s still a mystery on the actual distribution of the tickets.
I’m addicted to following @wheastereggroll on Twitter to make sure I do not miss anything. While I’m (im)patiently waiting for those details to be released, I thought I’d share a few things you can do while we all wait together…
- Book hotel NOW – like right now! Lock in that rate and your spot before everyone else does. As more details get released, rates will jump and hotels will get booked. With kids, I’m sure you would like to stay as close as possible to the South Lawn. Hint – do not book to pre-paid rates (unless you read this after you know you are picked) and take notes on the cancellation policy.
- Follow @wheastereggroll on Twitter for up-to-date details on dates, ticketing, event details, etc. This is a MUST! If you don’t have a Twitter account, get ONE. Just kidding, they also have a website.
- Create a profile on Recreation.gov – you will need this if tickets will be distributed on their site.
- Read blogs from previous years, especially if this will be your first time entering the lottery (or new method) or attending the Easter Egg Roll – search #eastereggroll or you can check out my step-by-step blog post here! Take it with a grain of salt as my experience may not reflect this years’ experience.
- Follow me on Twitter @bossmom84 as I will try my best to share information as well – yup, had to throw that plug in (lol).
With love + caffeine,