I love gifts…who doesn’t? However, over the last few years, I’ve been less of a “gift” person and love to focus more on creating and enjoying the experiences. To see the smiles on the faces that I love, gives me complete joy and that is my gift. Needless to say, I honestly do not want an actual physical gift for Mother’s Day. It will mean more to me to actually do something unique and exciting rather than the typical going out to eat, opening up a gift, blah, blah, blah…boring (to me at least)!
Mommy + Me – Let’s Celebrate by Creating Experiences!
I’ve been on a manhunt to find Mommy + Me adventures in the South Jersey area that I can enjoy with my girls and love ones. I’ve also included a few recommendations as well. Enjoy the read and feel free to share your Mommy + Me adventures you plan to participate in to celebrate Mother’s Day.
- Paint pottery with the entire family. This is always a fun hands-on activity that the entire family can enjoy. It’s nice seeing your basic pottery (that you pick!) turn into a painted masterpiece. Color Me Mine in Voorhees, NJ is celebrating Mother’s Day by allowing Moms (and grandmoms, too) to paint for free. You essentially avoid the studio sitting fee, but pottery is not included. Reservations are encouraged and you can find out additional information HERE.
- Mommy + Me Canvas Painting. I’ve attended Paint & Sip parties with my girlfriends, but this will be cool to do with your child(ren). Join other mommies and kids and paint a canvas art to showcase in your home or office. The Goddard School in Burlington, NJ is hosting a Mommy + Me Painting Class. Prices are affordable compared to the experience to be received. More information can be found HERE.
- Manicure + Pedicure. If you have girls like me, I’m sure this doesn’t surprise you (lol). Take your daughter(s) to your local nail salon or spa and have an enjoyable manicure and pedicure service. Add a twist by asking your daughter to choose your nail color and design!
- Picnic in a Park. Pack your “picnic kit” and head over to a local park with awesome views. Don’t forget your camera to have a Mommy + Me selfie shoot! Here’s a great picnic bag I recently grabbed from HomeGoods for $16.99. I’m going to put this baby to use…
There’s more out there, but that’s all I have for now. Help me in helping other mommies by sharing something unique, hands-on Mommy + Me experiences in the comments below.
Are you ready for another Freebie?
Of course, you are! Celebrate your mom, aunt, grandmother or that special person by winning her a 50-minute MASSAGE from Hand & Stone. Please note, transportation is NOT included and you should check their website to see if there’s a location close to you. Location information can be found by using your zip code on handandstone.com or calling 1-866-889-7866. This offer starts TODAY and ends on May 6, 2016 12:00AM EST. Entries after 12:00AM EST on May 6 will not be considered. Winner will be announced on May 6, 2016 at 3:00PM EST and massage details will be delivered via email thereafter. Offer valid in the US only. Here’s what you need to do to enter:
- Like Highly Caffeinated on Facebook (/highlycaffeinatedblog) and Twitter (@bossmom84) or you can click on the pink social icons in the header
- Share this post on BOTH Facebook and Twitter. Tag my social profile in the post and use hashtag #HighyCaffeinatedEnterMe
- Now, you are ENTERED! The best of luck and I’m excited for you.
With love + caffeine,